The Avon Preservation and Historical Society became a not-for-profit organization in 1983. Our mission is to interpret and preserve the history of our local area by providing diverse historic resources for the public through free educational programs and our fine museum.
We are proud to be located in the historic Avon Opera Block, hosting a treasure trove of artifacts in our Museum at 23 Genesee Street, and a selection of books and commemorative gifts. We host several free events throughout the year.
Avon Rotary Corn Festival
August 11, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Come to our tent on Genesee Street!
- Our new 2019 calendar, featuring the history of the Avon Inn, will be available to purchase.
- Buy raffle tickets, $1 each or 6 for $5, for a chance to win the beautiful piece especially made for the AP&HS by Mike Carroll of Studio Sales Pottery. Also LandPro farm toys and more!
- Become a member! Our trusty Membership Coordinator, Carole Hayes, will be ready to sign you up as a member so you can subscribe to our top-notch newsletter.
- Check out our books and collector items on sale.
- Visit our Museum in the Opera Block.
- Take an Opera Block third floor tour to see the historic space used as an entertainment venue, dating back to the 1940s.
Hope to see you there!
Thank you to the local businesses who have joined the AP&HS in 2018:
Avon Central School
All Season Wine & Spirits
Avon Feed & Supply
Avon Fitness and Tanning
Avon Floral World
Avon Free Library
Christopher Robin's Pet Care
Compeer of Livingston County
Genesee Valley Motors
Genesee Valley Penny Saver
Livonia, Avon & Lakeville Railroad
Paul Tilly Agency
Platinum Limousine WNY
Rich's Power Equipment
Scotties's Detail Auto Body
Stephenson-Dougherty Funeral Home,
Studio Sales Pottery
Village of Avon
White Horse Sales and Service